Steelhead Brewing Co.
199 East 5th Avenue
Eugene, OR
(541) 686-2739

Steelhead Brewing Co.’s website

See this location on a map

Eugenified.com rating: 1 vote, average: 3.50 out of 51 vote, average: 3.50 out of 51 vote, average: 3.50 out of 51 vote, average: 3.50 out of 51 vote, average: 3.50 out of 5

Loading...

There’s a fine line between boring and reliable. Steelhead Brewing Co. toes the line admirably.

Yes, Steelhead is a little boring. Nothing really great or distinguishing but nothing really bad either. From another angle, you could say it’s very reliable. I’ve eaten there 10 times in the last 6 months, so there must be something attractive there. Either that, or maybe I am an idiot? Don’t answer that question.

Decor is brew pub-ish with a hint of Brit (red telephone booth). TV screens abound. Dark wood tables and chairs. High ceilings painted dark shades. You know the drill. Best seats are the high-back chair tables for two or possibly the front window tables when the sun is not in optimal baking position.

The crowd of diners tends to be mainly city government workers (strutting around with their full health care benefits like proud peacocks) from nearby offices and local families from time to time. Not many UO student-types seem to frequent this establishment.

The food is basic brew pub stuff: burgers, sandwiches, pasta, fish & chips, etc. Nothing special to report except maybe avoid the pasta unless you like it overcooked like gramma used to make. Sandwiches are nice and big and not bad tasting. Burgers are reliable and within the top 10 ranking list for Eugene.

A word of warning: The worst item I have ever ordered there was the fish & chips. The best meal was also the fish & chips. Yes, there is that much variability in this dish. I would estimate it to be sucking about 15% of the time. The other 85% of the time it is excellent. You’s takes your chances. I suppose I should just send it back when it sucks, but I am more of the passive-aggressive type (hence the snarky blog).

Beer: It’s the real deal. Tasty and fresh. Nice variety of choices.

Service is always very reliable at Steelhead UNLESS you get one of the male waiters. For some strange reason, they all seem to have a sorta stinky attitude. The women on the other hand are professional, friendly-ish, and keep the Diet Coke refills coming with alacrity.

Sorry for the boring review, but there’s not much interesting to write or bitch about Steelhead Brewing Co. It’s just…there.

Eugenified.com rating: 1 vote, average: 3.50 out of 51 vote, average: 3.50 out of 51 vote, average: 3.50 out of 51 vote, average: 3.50 out of 51 vote, average: 3.50 out of 5

Loading...

Steelhead Brewing Co. on Urbanspoon